Location: Hospice Building, Howwood
We are looking for an organised person to help support the Fundraising team by performing research into potential Trust funders and, in time, submitting small-scale applications to funders.
• Take ownership of small-level asks, utilising organisational application templates to apply for funding
• Seek out potential new funders, utilising a variety of sources and tools
• As part of desk-based research, review financial documents and determine whether a funder is a potential fit.
• Make contact with fund managers/administrators to obtain information on eligibility and application criteria, giving levels, meeting dates etc
• Input information onto Donor Record Management system, Raiser’s Edge, and create future actions for work where required
• Competence in Microsoft Office
• Comfortable communicating on the telephone and through email
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Willingness to learn new IT packages
• Attention to detail
• Friendly and reliable
• Equivalent to 1 day a week, however, we are open to this being split over multiple days.
• Flexible in terms of which day(s) within Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
Training, support and benefits
• As a St Vincent’s Hospice volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
• The Trusts and Foundations Manager will provide full training upon commencement of the role, with ongoing support offered when required
• 20% discount in our community charity shops.
• Free parking on site